COVID 19 Agency Updates
It’s November and, with COVID cases in Maine on the rise, we’ve altered our policies and procedures to meet the current situation. We have adopted a hybrid model in which some programs continue to be fully remote while some are operating in person with an abundance of safety precautions. For each program, we’ve measured the risks and have determined that in-person programming is the best way to meet our students’ needs in certain cases. Please read below for each program’s current status.
- LearningWorks Afterschool continues to be fully remote in all four towns (Portland, South Portland, Waterboro and Biddeford), but is exploring opportunities to offer in-person programming in Portland in partnership with the Portland Public Schools. We will notify our community with any changes.
- Youth Building Alternatives is operating in person and hosting online info sessions for students interested in joining a future cohort.
- Service Works is accepting referrals and operating in person, safely, focusing on outdoor, socially distanced projects.
- Aim High is serving students in schools according to each school’s schedule and guidelines.
- Our English Language + Literacy Program is operating fully remotely.
Our building in the West End is closed to the public, but our admin staff is available for support or questions and can be reached via email or phone. For staff operating in-person, we are following guidelines and recommendations put out by the CDC and Maine DOE for all of our programs and watching local information closely; any major changes to our current program offerings will be announced on our website and via email.
Thank you so much to our community for your patience and understanding as we navigate this new reality.