LearningWorks launched the 50 Stories Project in January 2017 to tell 50 stories about the students, staff, volunteers, donors, and community partners who have made us the high impact alternative education nonprofit we are today. Generous local photographers have partnered with us to capture portraits to pair with stories we create through an interview process with the subjects. All stories can be viewed at learningworks50th.org.
If you are an amateur or professional photographer, aspiring or established writer, handy with social media, marketing, design, and/or web development, please join us as we continue sharing these remarkable stories. The 50 Stories Project helps increase LearningWorks’ visiblility, educate potential students and clients about our services, and celebrates and honors our past while we embark on our next 50 years. We need volunteers to:
- Schedule portrait photography sessions
- Take and edit photos
- Prepare email announcements and update the 50 Stories microsite
- Run small social media campaigns when new stories launch
- Interview portrait subjects and / or write their stories for publication
- Organize exhibitions and gallery displays of printed portraits
If you are a story teller at heart, love working with diverse community members, and want to give back to the community, this is the project for you. This is a project based position that can be done any time, anywhere, to support our mission. Please email email@example.com to get involved.