Teaching Site Coordinator-Talbot-Full Time
Job Code 7260TSCEE
Overview and Position Summary:
LearningWorks AfterSchool serves low-performing students in grades Pre-K through 5th in 11 elementary schools in Southern Maine. Students participate in hands-on engineering design challenges that embed literacy, math, and social emotional learning, to build key skills for school success: academic confidence, taking initiative, problem-solving, communication, and perseverance. Eligible students are identified collaboratively by LearningWorks Afterschool Directors, Site Coordinators, and school staff. LearningWorks Afterschool is a Title IV program that is primarily funded by the Maine Department of Education 21st Century Community Learning Center grant program, and is offered in partnership with local school departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (essential functions of the job)
- Collaborate with the LWAS Directors and school administrators/staff in the enrollment and registration process.
- Communicate with parents and school administrators/staff regarding student enrollment, participation, behavior, progress, and to promote program visibility and family events.
- Communicate appropriate schedules and calendars with students, families, team and volunteers.
- Ensure students and team are in a physically and emotionally safe, structured, organized learning environment.
- Build positive relationships with students and actively support, model, encourage, and inspire them in healthy lifestyle choices (personal, social and academic). Assist with student behavior challenges as needed.
- Utilize best practices to maintain consistent student attendance and meet grant enrollment and attendance targets.
- Keep accurate and timely records of: attendance, meal counts, center activities, student records, team meetings, and other database activities as requested by the Director.
- Assist the LWAS Directors in development of enrichment activities, schedules, and curriculum.
- Supervise a team consisting of teachers and volunteers.
- Lead weekly team meetings to communicate program delivery, needs, reflection, and goals for improvement.
- Monitor email daily, and communicate and respond in a timely manner with directors, teams, and partners
- Be available to be contacted by students, families, and team members by phone and email at all times while the program is in session.
- Assist the LWAS Directors in scheduling and coordinating virtual family and public events, presentations, partner activities, and special guests as needed and required by the grant.
- Manage daily implementation and instruction of an in-person STEAM curriculum and enrichment activities, in alignment with the Learning Framework and guidance from LW Site Directors.
- Assist and support students and team members with troubleshooting technology use, connection and access challenges.
- Coordinate and communicate with transportation and food services regarding pickups and deliveries as needed.
- Coordinate organization and weekly delivery of STEM materials kits directly to students.
- Be able and licensed to drive short distances to facilitate deliveries to students and coordination of supplies.
- Attend and participate in required LWAS virtual staff training.
- Attend virtual 21st CCLC grant meetings, training, and conferences as required by the LWAS Directors.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times, in accordance with program expectations, online safety, and remote and in-person learning guidelines.
State of Maine Teaching Certification or demonstrate eligibility (preferred); Valid Driver’s License
BA or BS degree
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience with elementary-aged youth preferred;
- supervisory and/or commiserate leadership experience preferred;
- Work with diverse communities, ELL students, and low-performing populations preferred;
- Very strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Significant experience with, and very strong, thorough, and demonstrated understanding of and ability to use various technology including but not limited to: tablets and laptops, smart boards, Microsoft Outlook, Slack, Google Drive Suite, Zoom, Google Sites, See Saw, Bitmoji Classrooms, internet use and safety, TalkingPoints, online timesheets, best practices in internet use and safety;
- Trained or certified in CPR and First Aid preferred;
- Some experience with remote/virtual/blended academic program planning and/or delivery preferred;
- Flexibility, thoughtfulness, and the ability to creatively problem solve;
- Growth mindset and a willingness to learn and apply innovative learning platforms and approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team setting; and
A personal and professional commitment to our organization’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a regular, non-exempt full-time, 32-hour-a-week position. Hourly Rate of pay $22
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, HSA(with health insurance enrollment), 152 hrs of PTO to start, 13 paid holidays, bereavement and pet bereavement, 401K after one year of employment and 1000 hours served, family-friendly, flexible environment
TO APPLY: Please take some time to familiarize yourself with our organization, what we do, and what we believe in. If you are inspired to join our team, please complete our online application and attach your resume and a thoughtful cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We prioritize the leadership of people of color and LGBTQ individuals, and we strongly encourage people of all traditionally marginalized identities to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.