Aim High Site Coordinator
Job Code 7965-08-22-19SC
Overview and Position Summary:
The LearningWorks Aim High Site Coordinator provides oversight to our AmeriCorps members and serves as liaison to the public schools hosting our program. The Aim High program recruits, trains, and places AmeriCorps members in four area elementary schools: East End Community School, Reiche School, and Riverton School in Portland, and Saccarappa School in Westbrook. AmeriCorps members support student success through tutoring, mentoring, and extracurricular program support.
The Site Coordinator will supervise and create placements for up to 26 AmeriCorps members at Riverton Elementary School and Saccarappa Elementary School. The Site Coordinator is expected to cultivate partnerships with community stakeholders that can strengthen Aim High member activities and initiatives. The Site Coordinator will also work closely with school administrators, teachers, and community members to build and implement school and community programming before, during, and after school hours.
This position contributes to the achievement of the Aim High program’s goals and objectives through some or all of the following core account abilities:
- Recruit, train, and support AmeriCorps members
- Develop/Maintain schedules and caseloads for members relative to the school needs, member experience and attendance
- Identify development areas for both members and member service to schools
- Build AmeriCorps Member team positivity and cohesive culture
- Develop trainings to facilitate school and community needs with tutoring, mentoring, social and emotional learning skills
- Develop/co-facilitate Leadership Cohort for full-time AmeriCorps Members with staff
- Represent the program on school and community working groups
- Collaborate with Administration, AmeriCorps members, students, and community to create academic and community programs
- Proactively seek out new community partnerships to ensure AmeriCorps members serve a board rand of community needs.
- Complete required data collection weekly, bi-weekly and quarterly reporting
- Assist the Director of Aim High in a variety of other tasks
- Operation of a motor vehicle for agency business, travel to sites, meetings
- Good driving record is required
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience working in educational setting with students and teachers
- Experience working with volunteers
- Comfort speaking to groups, leading meetings, and strong presentation skills
- Tenacity and resilience tracking and leveraging key relationships
- Strong attention to detail, conflict resolution skills, highly organized
- Must be motivated and able to work a flexible schedule
- Willingness to travel to state-wide events and partnering sites
- Computer proficiency: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets
- Desirable but not required: experience with AmeriCorps programming, experience leading diverse teams with a range of ages and cultural backgrounds
Terms and Benefits
This is a regular full-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
Rate: $15 to $17
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, HSA(with health insurance enrollment), PTO, 12 paid holidays, bereavement and pet bereavement, 401K after one year of employment and 1000 hours served
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with our organization, what we do, and what we believe in. If you are inspired to join our team, complete our online application and attach your resume and a thoughtful cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.