Office + Facilities Manager
Job Code 1000-6-22-19-OFM
Overview and Position Summary:
Office + Facilities Manager Job Posting
Overview and Position Summary: LearningWorks reimagines learning through innovative programs that help children, families, and adults realize their potential and build thriving communities. We support 3,000 students in southern Maine by bolstering elementary students’ academic and social-emotional wellbeing; transforming the lives of teens and young adults; and building the capacity of New Mainers. We currently offer five major programs, including an afterschool program for 1,000 students at 11 sites throughout southern Maine; a community service and restorative justice program for corrections involved youth; an AmeriCorps program that provides up to 50 members annually to support struggling schools with one-on-one and small group classroom support; a YouthBuild program for students who need an alternative pathway to complete their education and enter the workforce; and an English language instruction program for adult new Mainers.
Our Office + Facilities Manager will work closely with our executive director and administration team to organize, coordinate, and maintain smooth and efficient day-to-day operations and procedures for our headquarters in Portland. The Office + Facilities Coordinator will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks and support the safe, secure functioning of our building. We are seeking a talented, exceedingly well organized, flexible, and resourceful team member. A friendly demeanor and excellent communication skills are essential.
Office and Building Administration
- Serve as building information liaison. Fully understand the flow of people and work across the office, including visits, meetings, program schedules, and other gatherings. Publish a weekly bulletin informing all staff of events or other activities in the building and what implications it may have on the staff and space.
- General organization of the office. Oversee and maintain office supplies and equipment. Negotiate and maintain ongoing supply contracts, maintain list of preferred vendors, coordinate disposal of unneeded office furniture and equipment.
- Kitchen / common area management. Keep conference room, common area, and kitchen spaces neat and organized. Stock office common areas, conference rooms, and kitchens. Ensure printers are operational and stocked with paper and consumables.
- Manage meeting space calendars and planning for employees, visitors, students, and teams, and effectively problem-solve issues related to special space needs.
- Develop, maintain, and document systems and protocols regarding all office operations.
- Manage the flow and distribution of outgoing and incoming mail.
- Recruit, place, and schedule volunteer receptionist(s) and oversee their responsibilities (greeting and directing visitors, distributing mail, directing phone calls, managing incoming phone calls, etc.)
- Act as key liaison with building services vendors. Select and manage cleaning, maintenance, and repair crews under the direction of the Executive Director. Monitor cleaning crews, ensuring environmentally friendly and effective cleaning methods. Ensure expeditious snow removal.
- Work with administration team to coordinate emergency preparedness planning; ensure health and workplace safety protocols are followed.
- Regularly assess and coordinate the maintenance and repair of:
- Plumbing, heating, and electrical systems
- Security systems
- Sound and lighting
- Kitchen equipment
- Office Equipment
- Coordinate the care and usage of all company vehicles including registration and inspection, oil changes, repairs, scheduling, etc.
- Manage all building security systems including fire alarms, security alarms, and cameras
- Run necessary errands, including but not limited to banking and post office tasks
- Manage invoices and approvals for administrative accounts payable
- Manage LW’s VOIP phone system and ensure accurate and timely upkeep of internal directories, auto attendant, extensions, etc.
- Ensure first aid kits are fully stocked, accessible, and regularly replenished
Executive and Fundraising Administration
- Assist with administrative aspects of direct mail campaigns and donor records.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics for board and staff team meetings
- Provide administrative support to internal agency events for staff and board
- Schedule and maintain the organization of the Executive Director’s meeting and appointment calendar.
- Assist with expense reporting
- Run monthly donor reports from LW’s database and credit card processing system
- Provide support to Development Coordinator for donor acknowledgement and processing
- A passion for our mission and the nonprofit sector
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Two to three years of progressive experience in office management or similar work
- Results oriented: able to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, demanding work environment and easily adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task: laser sharp attention to detail and ability to stay organized while prioritizing a busy workload
- Inquisitive nature, takes initiative to investigate solutions independently
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks and goals
- A positive attitude and sense of humor; confidence, common sense, and good listening ability
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to shift styles to fit the needs of a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations
- High emotional intelligence; ability to easily develop meaningful relationships with diverse individuals from many different backgrounds
- Love of continuous learning and an eagerness to help build our administrative capacity and take the organization to the next level
- Self-starter with proven ability to work with and be sensitive to a diversity of people, cultures, and family structures
- Highly organized, responsive, and willing to go above and beyond
- Software and Computer Skills: Proficiency in Constant Contact or similar e-mail marketing software, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), internet navigation, VoIP systems, and database or data entry experience required.
- Consistent access to reliable transportation required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Front Office Volunteers
Our Hiring Process and Timeline: We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We will begin scheduling phone interviews in late July. We will conduct short phone interviews at that time and begin in-person interviews in late July and early August. Finalists will be invited to a second-round one-hour interview, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter. We would like to have the selected candidate start in August. LearningWorks is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits: This position pays $15/hr. It is a full-time, non-exempt position working 30 hours a week. 114 hours of PTO to start, with potential to increase based on longevity in position, 12 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule. We provide medical, dental, and life insurance with LW covering 76% percent of the health insurance premium (at the single employee rate) and 86% of the single rate dental plan. 401k with company match offered on employee’s one year anniversary.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application, attach your resume and a cover letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.