Graffiti Removal Coordinator
Job Code JOB CODE: 7100-03-15-19
Overview and Position Summary:
The Learning Works Graffiti Removal Coordinator (GRC) manages the graffiti removal component of the Service Works program under the direction of the Service Works Director. The GRC receives requests for graffiti removal, coordinates removal project logistics with involved parties, and works with youth volunteers who need to fulfill community service obligations.
This seasonal (April – November) position will include a schedule of up to 30 hours per week. Scheduling of hours may depend on project and volunteer requirements, but must meet program needs. The GRC works under the direction of the Director of Service Works assisting to ensure that the program and its associated services meet and maintain a standard of excellence. This position contributes to the accomplishment of the Agency’s mission through the provision of planning and directing the activities of the program; working directly with students and clients, working with stakeholders, performing administrative duties – collecting and tracking of program data; preparing program reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (essential functions of the job)
This position contributes to the achievement of the Service Works Program’s goals and objectives through some or all of the following core accountabilities:
- Removal of graffiti as directed by The City of Portland and the Portland Downtown organization;
- Overseeing and assisting program participants with the graffiti removal process;
- Assists with the development and coordination of graffiti removal related community service opportunities;
- Maintaining productive and respectful relationships with the city, PD staff, and service recipients;
- Safe project coordination and logistics with city and PD staff, as well as service recipients;
- When necessary, outreach to property owners, property managers, and/or agents thereof;
- Working with Service Works Director to schedule participants for appropriate graffiti removal projects;
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience working with youth in an educational or supervisory setting;
- Knowledge of Restorative Practices preferred;
- Experience with property management;
- Comfort communicating with city officials and acting as point person for removal projects;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively as required;
- Highly organized with project management experience required;
- Some experience with trades work is desirable;
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements;
- Experience working with diverse teams with a range of cultural backgrounds is desirable;
- Core schedule is negotiable with flexibility to meet program needs required;
- Experience using smart phone technology and computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and map applications.
A good driving record is required.
Regular, Part Time Seasonal Position
Hourly Rate: Up to $15.00
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Please include cover letter and resume with your application.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED