Aim High Site Coordinator
Job Code 7960-05-29-19 SC
Overview and Position Summary:
The LearningWorks Aim High Site Coordinator provides oversight to our AmeriCorps members and serves as liaison to the public schools hosting our program. The Aim High program recruits, trains, and places AmeriCorps members in schools to support student success through tutoring, mentoring, and extracurricular program support.
The Aim High Site Coordinator for Portland is responsible for creating service placements for approximately 26 AmeriCorps members and for providing supervision, training, and support for AmeriCorps members placed at two area schools (Reiche School and East End Community School). The Site Coordinator is expected to cultivate partnerships with community stakeholders that can strengthen Aim High member activities and initiatives. The Site Coordinator will also work closely with school administrators, teachers, and community members to build and implement school and community programming before, during, and after school hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (essential functions of the job)
This position contributes to the achievement of the Aim High program’s goals and objectives through some or all of the following core accountabilities:
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new AmeriCorps members;
- Training members on school and program policies;
- Developing detailed schedules and caseloads for each member that address school need and reflect volunteer experience; ensuring attendance and consistency of member schedules;
- Working with members to create and achieve individual goals; coaching members to better serve schools; identifying and addressing areas for member growth;
- Partnering with each school’s Lead AmeriCorps member to build a positive and cohesive culture within the AmeriCorps member team;
- Identifying and creating member trainings according to school and community needs, including tutoring, mentoring, and social and emotional learning skills trainings;
- Developing and co-facilitating Leadership Cohort for full-time Lead AmeriCorps members with program staff;
- Creating and maintaining productive and respectful relationships with school administrators and staff, including principals, teachers, Ed Techs, social workers, subject area specialists, and maintenance staff;
- Representing the program on various school and community working groups;
- Collaborating with administration, AmeriCorps members, students, and community to create academic and community programs, including summer programming;
- Proactively seeking out new community partnerships to ensure members serve a broad range of community needs, including arts, sports, theatre, academia, language, and intercultural programming;
- Completing required data collection and reports on a weekly and quarterly basis; reviewing weekly member contact logs and biweekly member timesheets for accuracy; and
- Assist with a variety of other tasks as assigned by the Director of Aim High.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Experience working with students and teachers in an educational setting;
Experience recruiting and working with volunteers;
Willingness to travel between partner sites and occasionally to state-wide events (3-4 times per year) ;
Comfort speaking to groups and facilitating meetings for the purpose of recruitment and training, strong presentation skills;
Tenacity and resilience tracking and leveraging key relationships;
Strong attention to detail and ability to navigate complicated regulatory structures;
Strong communication and conflict resolution skills;
Highly organized with project management experience required;
Must be motivated and able to work a flexible schedule;
Experience with AmeriCorps programming and policy is desirable, but is not required;
Experience leading diverse teams, with a range of ages and cultural backgrounds, is desirable;
Core schedule is 8 to 4 M-F with occasional evening school and community events (1-2 times per month);
Proficiency using computers including Microsoft Office software, spreadsheets and email;
Operation of a motor vehicle, or similar means of consistent transportation, to conduct Agency business on a frequent basis, travel to on-site appointments and meetings, or pick up supplies relative to the program. A good driving record is required.
POSITION: Full Time, Regular, Direct Service
Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, HSA, Life Insurance(employer paid), 401K Plan(after one year and 100hrs of service with employer match), PTO, Pet Bereavement and 13 Paid Holidays
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND ATTACHED A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AT OUR WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. APPLICATIONS MISSING THESE MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.