Now recruiting for the 2019-2020 Service Year!
AMERICORPS HALF-TIME MEMBER POSITION
Each Aim High partner school has a team of Half-Time members who provide consistent support to students and teachers, both inside and outside of the classroom. Half-Time members play a key role in the program in that they commit to a regular service schedule and are a reliable resource in each school.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of flexibility.
- Clear, concise oral and written communication.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, and plan and implement projects effectively.
- Willing to have a full FBI and SBI background check as well as a National Sex Offender Search check.
- At least 17 years of age at the time of enrollment.
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Submit timesheets every two weeks.
- Earned a high school diploma or high school equivalency (requirement waived if currently enrolled in high school).
Essential functions include the ability to:
- Work and effectively communicate with teachers and administrators.
- Tutor, mentor, and nurture students.
- Aid teachers and enrich learning through grade-level classroom assistance.
- Engage parents and family members in students’ education.
- Speak clearly and effectively to groups (large and small).
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Use basic computer software such as Microsoft Office and navigate the internet.
- Be able to serve consistently and reliably.
- Abide by all AmeriCorps service rules and service provisions.
Desired functions include ability to:
- Recruit and manage volunteers.
- Conduct community and parent outreach.
- Promote and support service-learning.
- Develop and execute enrichment activities and lesson plans.
Required trainings and meetings that Aim High Members will participate in:
- Program orientation
- Monthly team meetings
- AmeriCorps training and events with the Maine State Commission for Community Service
- Community service activities
- Other events as assigned including meetings or functions on evenings or weekends
Benefits and terms:
- A taxable living allowance of $5,500 for the term of service.
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, eligible members receive an education award of an amount up to $3,047.50. The education award can be used to repay qualified student loans or for further education in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational, or trade school. The education award is taxable in the year that it is used.
- Loan forbearance. (After successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps may pay a portion or all of the accrued interest on qualified loans, which is taxable.)
- Mileage reimbursement for travel between program sites, meetings and/or assignments.
- Professional development, trainings, and networking opportunities.
- Position are contingent upon a pending award from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Please note: LearningWorks Aim High’s AmeriCorps members commit to 900 hours of service for the contract dates and other terms. For more information about Member service, visit the AmeriCorps website at www.americorps.gov. See application for deadlines.
This project is sponsored by the Maine Commission for Community Service (MCCS). MCCS builds capacity and sustainability in Maine’s volunteer and service communities. Funding for LearningWorks Aim High is provided by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Accommodation arrangements must be requested in advance by contacting program staff at email@example.com.