LearningWorks is seeking multiple volunteers for the busy front office at our Brackett Street location in Portland’s West End neighborhood. Front desk volunteers play a crucial role in supporting our free education programs for the community. As a front desk volunteer, you might help a family fill out an application for our YouthBuild program, make sure volunteer literacy tutors and their students have a meeting room to study in, or help our busy staff of teachers and administrators maintain smooth and efficient day to day operations.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Help keep reception area neat and organized
- Greet and direct all visitors
- Assist the general public with inquiries about our programs and services
- Direct incoming phone calls to appropriate staff member extensions
- Collect and distribute mail
If you are well organized, flexible, and enjoy administrative support roles, working directly with community members, and would like to support LearningWorks’ mission, please email a brief letter of interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices at 207.775.0105 to learn more.